Gear Up for Research
Gear Up Spring 2018
Scientific & Technical Publishing
Join Stanford Libraries for our annual Gear Up for Science and Engineering event. This year's event is focused on publishing and targeted to graduate students, post-docs, and others from all schools and departments on campus who have an interest in learning more about publishing.
- Date: Tuesday, 17 April 2018
- Location: Hartley Conference Center, Mitchell Building
Let us know that you are coming using the Stanford University Libraries Gear Up RSVP. This event is limited to the Stanford community so please use your Stanford Google account for the RSVP form.
Questions? Get in touch with us!
9:45 - 10:00 -- Coffee
10:00 - 10:30 -- Graphics for Publications
Katharine Ng (Post-doc in Bioengineering)
10:30 - 11:00 -- Data Sharing for Publications
- Meghan Byrne (PLOS)
11:00 - 11:30 -- Writing Abstracts
- Kelly Harrison (Stanford Technical Communications Program)
11:30 - 12:00 -- Author Rights
- Mimi Calter (Deputy University Librarian)
12:00 - 12:45 -- Lunch
12:45 - 1:45 -- Panel of Stanford Faculty Editors
- Noah Diffenbaugh (Earth System Science and Woods Institute)
- Margot Gerritsen (Energy Resources Engineering)
- Noah Rosenberg (Biology)
- Edith Sullivan (Psychiatry and Behaviorial Sciences)
1:45 - 2:15 -- Graphical Abstracts
- Jin Zhong Zhang (Chemistry, UC Santa Cruz)
2:15 - 2:45 -- Preprints
- Daniel Ibarra (EarthArXiv)
Gear Up at Stanford is a regular series of events for faculty, graduate students, post-docs and research staff from all schools and departments on campus. You can view details and download presentations from previous events via other pages on this site using the navigation menu.